Where we share ideas for finding meaning in day to day life...hey, even
Peanut Butter and Jelly has more meaning with raisin eyes and a honey smile!


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 22 Season of Quiet - Update

Ah - the rain! It washes the pollen away and makes all things bright and beautiful again! We've had continuous rain for several days now here in my little corner of the world. I've been thankful for it as we are all battling sinus junk in my house and it has provided us time to start mending before the pollen particle count jumps again.

On the other hand, the clouds can lower on my countenance. Too many days of darkness and puddles can damper my spirit. I've been seeking inspiration for the blog these few days, but I'm afraid that I may not have been where I needed to be in order to share something uplifting. Maybe I've needed the time to recharge and renew. I'll continue to look for fresh and encouraging ideas to share.

The sun is still not shining as of the time I'm writing this, but some hope has been building within my heart. I'm at a place, personally, where a lot of things could be dragging me under. Life has been raining down, at times pouring, on my head for a couple of years now. I keep wondering what these trials are preparing me to do. I tend to keep my struggles close to my heart. It's a control thing. Smiling through the tears, through the rain. I'm learning to let go, to accept help. God's not finished with me yet. After all, I'm incredibly blessed compared to many in this world. And I claim 1 Corinthians 10:13:
13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Lately I'm reminded to put up the protection of my heavenly umbrella, called prayer. I'm balancing that umbrella on my shoulder as I lift my face and hands toward the rain, toward the sky, toward the Father who sees me and knows my name.

My big kid often wonders out loud how our God can see, and hear, and know each and every human that has been, is, and is to come. Powerful stuff, indeed. She believes it though. And so do I (see today's quote at the end of this post). I see His hand molding the clay that is my life. He has always been right there, as I've climbed the slippery wet rocks...taking my hand and placing it on the next ledge...hoisting my foot as I pushed upward to the safe places. There have been peaks and valleys. Strongholds where I shined my light, and caverns where my light was flickering out. The light of Jesus leads me through the lonely spots. I have victory over the darkness, only through the strength of Jesus. This gives me hope for the present and the future.

The rain is easier to bear, knowing it is temporary. The sun will shine on my face, and yours, again. The thunder is loud, and the lightning can be blinding. But when the clouds part, the light peeks through, and all of creation lifts up their voice in praise.

Today's quote for meditation is from The Message. I don't often use this translation, but it does inspire. Referencing Ephesians 1:3-6, emphasis mine:
How blessed is God! And what a blessing he is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing in him. Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son.


Enjoy the quiet moments (and hopefully, sunny ones)!

No comments:

Post a Comment