Where we share ideas for finding meaning in day to day life...hey, even
Peanut Butter and Jelly has more meaning with raisin eyes and a honey smile!


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday - In Remembrance



"Maundy Thursday", or Holy Thursday, commemorates Jesus' last meal and meeting with his inner circle. There are many lessons set forth by Jesus at the Last Supper, which are documented in the gospels. Some examples that come to mind are humility, servitude, sacrifice, Passover Lamb, New Covenant...you can discover more by reading here: Matthew 26:17-30; Mark 14:12-25; Luke 22:7-20.

I thought I would like to create a simple post today of the things that I am thankful for. Just some of what the Lord has done in my life and heart since I was saved. Tomorrow is Good Friday, the day we commemorate Jesus' death on the cross. What is so good about that? The "good" part reminds me of the good things He has blessed me with. Of course, the good news of Jesus' Crucifixion was that he paid my sin debt in full and and suffered the torturous, humiliating death penalty that I deserved. He rose from the grave, a conqueror, showing that I serve a living Savior. He did all this out of love, and so I could take hold of the the life God intended for me to live. I am most thankful for this! {John 3:16}

God has blessed me with:

~The divinely inspired Word of God - The Bible.
~Prayer. A two-way communication link between heaven and earth.
~The power of the Holy Spirit living within me.
~A Christian husband and leader of my family.
~The fellowship with and discipleship of the Body of Christ (Christians around the world).
~A biblically based church and pastors who lift up the name of Jesus and teach a message of hope.
~Peace that passes understanding when faced with worldly insecurities such as job loss and sickness.
~The "two biggest jewels in my crown" (as husband calls them), big kid and little kid. I am thankful for the opportunity to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. They also teach me about the heart of God every day. {And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 NIV}

The list goes on. It will continue as He reveals more of His plan for my life. What about you? Is there something you are especially thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment